Thursday, May 31, 2018

Made! - Simplicity 1069

Even if I wasn't dealing with extra poundage (still...guh) from little boy, I would have used my friend Amy's wedding as an excuse to make something. Duh.

It was a Boston reunion...of sorts! 

Since I find myself in the no-man's-land of body shapes and sizes - aka can't wear most of my usual clothes but refuse to buy any - I figure why not use the stash to fill in the gaps these days?  And, what's more adjustable than a wrap skirt? Simplicity 1069 was a perfect pattern.  It fits now, and it should fit later if-when I get back to my usual shape and size; all I'll have to do is move the waistband opening for the left tie.

Simplicity 1069, view D

The material is a Nicole Miller print from JoAnn, bought quite a while ago with a gift card from my sister.  I always planned on making a long skirt with it.  Even with buying extra I had to get creative with print placement so as it not have repeated panels. I ended up turning two of the pieces upside down, for print placement as well as fabric quantity.

All seams are French seams, and the waistband is slipstitched down on the inside.  The hem is a regular narrow hem.  I lengthened the pattern by an inch as I usually do, but I think I'll have to go 2" or 3" in the future with my more curvy curves.

I've worn this several times, and just love it.


These photos are on JMU campus after an afternoon of practicing. Little boy is rather tolerant of his parents needing to practice - he wears his protective headphones for a couple of hours and then gets to go on a nice walk outside. He loves being outside! Like his momma.

Love that boy.